Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Barn Drawings

Here are a few drawings (I thought they were sketches, but they hold too many details!) that got me started sketching and drawing again in earnest.  One day I was outside with my family enjoying a wonderful day in the backyard, and I thought to myself that I wanted to draw some old barns.  Long story short, I talked Ashley into buying me a cheap sketch pad from Kroger, and set to work.


This is the little "smokehouse" in my backyard.  It was once filled with junk, but a few afternoons and 2 truckloads took care of that!  Now we use it as a playhouse and it's where the dogs sleep.  #2 pencil on paper.


Here is the barn just behind my yard.  It is really derelict, but has a lot of nice features.  #2 pencil and 6B pencil on paper.


Another working barn on the Wrens Highway, just up from the John Deere combines.  Cotton fields!


I chose this one because of the sloped fascia.  It's on the Wrens Highway also.  More cotton fields!

I have yet to draw my barn.  It's just too hard!  I can't get the slope of the roof right...

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty kewl mr.davis =)

    --ur fave student EVER!!!!
    im jus awesum like that haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first pic of the smokehouse is def my fave of the 3

    ReplyDelete